THIS EVENT HAS NOW PASSED
On Tuesday; Soho Whisky Club raised a whopping £28,330 for to support our friend Marcin over in Poland.
We are raising funds to help Together for Ukraine which was set up by the President of the City of Przemyśl - Wojciech Bakun. Przemyśl is a Polish city located on the largest border crossing with Ukraine.
Wojciech is a close friend of Marcin Schilling (a good friend of mine and an Ambassador for Gonzalez Byass).
Marcin is currently volunteering in his hometown in Poland (very near the Ukraine border) but is often seen at the Club bar when he is in London. Marcin and his family currently have three Ukrainian refugees living with them.
We are raising funds so that Together for Ukraine can buy and transport essential goods across the border: by the pallet-load. Needs vary from power generators, camp beds, medicines, wheelchairs, food with a long shelf life, to cars for transporting people - particularly the disabled.
The response to a request for donations, from members of The Soho Business Alliance and the whisky trade alike, was tremendous.
THINGS UP FOR GRABS
INCLUDE. . .
• A private blending masterclass by Master Blender & Distiller of the Year in the World Whisky Awards 2020, Jill Boyd, at Compass Box Whisky's London office; a money-cannot-buy experience
• Bottles of whisky: Ardbeg 19 Year Old, The Lakes Distillery WMR Mosaic, Bunnahabhain 2004 Mòine Sauternes Finish
• A suite and dinner for two at both Karma Sanctum Soho and Sanctum on the Green in Cookham Dene, courtesy of Sanctum Hotels
• A tasting menu plus wine pairing for two at SOLA
• A hamper from Lina Stores
• Dinner for two with matching wine/drinks at 10 Greek Street
• A month of unlimited takeaway coffees from Flat White (max 1 at a time), and an evening booking at our cocktail bar with up to £150 spend
• Lunch or dinner for two at French House
• Dinner for two and cocktails at Sophie’s Soho and Jack Solomons Club
• A £100 voucher courtesy of Rita's
• Dinner for £100 at Negroni’s, dinner for £100 at Lobos, both in Frith Street
• A case of Dom Pérignon from Sophisticats
• A case of Laurent-Perrier champagne from Soho Arts Theatre Club
• A £100 dinner at Zima
• Two free cuts (men or women) at Cuts
• £200 Randall and Aubin voucher
• Tasting menu for two voucher at Hoppers
• And many, many more